Involves massage to the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, face and scalp. Indian head massage is particularly effective at relieving stress and tension.
Indian head massage is a technique of manipulating soft tissues in the shoulders and scalp. I use a range of different massage pressures and rhythms to stimulate the head and neck area. My Indian Head Massage usually begins with working on the the upper back and shoulders.
A combination of deep massage techniques and using pressure on release points helps to relax and loosen the muscles. Moving upwards, from the back into the shoulders and upper arms helps release tension in muscles to release stress and tension. This helps to alleviate headaches. It also improves the circulation of the cerebral spinal fluid. Continuing with the upward movement, the scalp is then massaged using techniques that stimulate, relax and revive the entire head and scalp. This increases circulation and promotes healthy hair growth. The benefits of my Indian Head Massage include:
• Aids the circulatory, muscular and nervous systems
• Frees knots of muscular tension and relaxes connective tissue
• Stimulates arterial circulation, and increases venous and lymphatic flow
• Reduces stress and can induce a feeling of euphoria
• Stimulates the skin and underlying nerve endings
• Aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products